Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello, October!

It's SOUP weather!!! And I got a yummy white bean and chicken soup you'd love.

The cold came quite suddenly, but I LOVE it. 
I just unpacked my scarves. Mmm. Love layering up. And we all know that my "grandma" slipper socks will be making their debut in no time ;) Poor Max.. Haha. If you don't remember from last winter, go read this post on my stylish Fall/Winter apparel...

My obsession with crafting has also been taking off while I sit all cozy at the kitchen table in the evenings: 

And I'm just finishing up a burlap wreath. It's looking good so far! I was nervous about sturdiness because it's on a coat hanger... Pictures to come. P.S., it's burlap from Home Depot. WAY cheaper than buying the "nicer" stuff. And it works just as great. Bonus.

I got a library card the other day! Which.. I don't know why I did that. I don't have time to read for pleasure! (But, she has time for crafting, you say? Yeah, don't know what happened there...). But I am going to research some good ones for Christmas break. I know it's a ways out but...hey, I got Micro to tackle here and it ain't easy! Any good reads? I DID pick up a vintage-like book of "The Gingerbread Man" for $.50 though! You can tell I'm totally gearing up for motherhood when everything I want, get, or "pin" is revolved around children. I figure its better to start buying little things here and there so that when we do get a little peanut, it's not this huge wave of bills. Though I'm sure it'll be a rush no matter what I do.. every little bit helps, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Um I have no time to read anymore either. But I was waiting forever for "Bossypants", Tina Fey's biography so when it finally became available I vowed to read it! Still reading, but its hilarious! And since it's not fiction, you're not hooked having to spend like 5 hours straight reading. You can just do like a few chapters a night. Much better for my busy schedule. I highly recommend it though!

    ReplyDelete