Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Are Mormons really Christians?


I've never been one for politics. I don't watch the news, I don't read the news paper... I really don't know much of what is going on in this world unless a friend brings up some disaster or controversy that happened that week.

We had a mini-FHE (Family Home Evening) one day and I read outloud the The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and towards the end it reads: 

"WE CALL UPON responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society."

It's clear we have a duty to uphold as Americans and part of it is knowing the candidates, the propositions, to be active and to vote. I told Max we should be more Patriotic and what better place to exercise our Patriotism than with the upcoming Election. 

Of course, the second I turn a little more attention to it, I'm hearing things like "Mormons are a cult" and "I'd rather vote for Bugs Bunny than a Mormon." Really? Whenever I hear people make such statements, my heart aches. I love my faith and it has grounded me in a world of moral chaos. My heart aches because these individuals do not know our faith, they do not know of it's goodness and of it's truth. 
The big question posed is, "Are Mormons Christians?"

Here's your answer. Yes

I don't want to persuade people if they have no intention of really knowing the truth, pulling their resources from people like Robert Jeffress, the Pastor making current headlines. The most I can do is tell you to read the Book of Mormon. It complements the Bible and is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is one of the key elements that makes our faith unique and different from all others. A verse from it's pages:

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins” 2 Nephi 25:26.

I am a Mormon and I am a Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I know it is only through Him that I can achieve salvation and true, eternal joy. He guides me, uplifts me, and motivates me to be more than I am. He is the center of my very existence and I know He has provided a way for me and my family to return to Him one day.

For more articles and videos, see the following:


Are Mormons Christians? by Joseph Trevor Antley. 


Jeffery R. Holland:





John F. Kennedy:





For additional information regarding the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit LDS.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment