Monday, May 10, 2010

Losing

I don't know what it is about Spring/Summer terms, but I have this trend of missing the first exam in at least one of my classes. 

It could be the speediness of the course, you know how projects and tests just sneak up on you unexpectedly like WHOA ALREADY?!, or the new Testing Center hours for Summer classes.

I am furious and there's no way I can make this up. 100 points. Gone. Crap. I have to pass in order to graduate!!! This not only negatively affects my psychological well-being but my physiological well-being, too. The knots in my back are appearing and I haven't had a really sore knot like that in a long time. 

I explain this to Max and he replies: 
"Take this as a challenge. Show that dumb teacher you 
are too smart for his class. Get an 'A' on everything else."

I love him for trying! But he is right...I need to do freaking amazing on every test and quiz left. I am so mad at myself. Please tell me this happens to people. I mean it happened to me. And I hate it. 

And then I thought... Why didn't I buy a planner? I always buy a planner. I LIVE MY LIFE IN MY PLANNER! (at least academically that is). I write every single assignment, test, project, and meeting required of me for the school year. Once it's done, I highlight it (my ways of crossing it off the list). And if you didn't know, but I obsessively and religiously look at my planner every day, almost every hour to assess my weekly assignments. 
BUT NO. 
No planner and this is what happens. So...I bought a pink, BYU planner. And yes, I immediately wrote everything in it. I know I won't forget anything else for the rest of the term. 

Please let me pass Psych 353.

No comments:

Post a Comment