Saturday, May 15, 2010

Good Morning!

Last night, I set out to go to the temple. I made the call, I wrote the time, and it was planned.

7 AM.

I did not want to miss this. I woke up almost ev
ery hour during the night, checking my phone to see if I had missed it. For some reason I was really w
orried I was going to sleep right through it.

Like the smarty-pants that I am, I programmed my phone for the loudest volume the alarm function had to go off at exactly 6:00 AM. Max was definitely shaken from his slumber and remarked at how loud it was! Oopsy.

I was up and ready and out the door by 6:30 AM. Did I get the right time?; Will there be enough room for me in the session?; Will I be the only one there? If so, I'm not ready for that!

Needless to say, I was a little nervous. I was going by myself. But I was determined. And what a beautiful experience it was. I love the temple. I am so blessed to get to go inside and learn and partake of the special spirit that resides within it's holy walls.

My goal: Go every week before we move. And every week after.

For many, that seems pretty lofty, but I really think it's a matter of whether or not you make it a permanent part of your life. Kind of like brushing your teeth every morning and every night. If you don't brush, you feel yucky inside. I want to feel "yucky." I want to be so used to regular temple attendance, that if I miss one, I'll feel it (of course, I'd want to avoid this happening...but you get the gist right?). 
I haven't made much of a habit to go and I can't see why I haven't until now. I love the Temples in all their glory and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment