Saturday, September 11, 2010

I be soccer woman

Well, I'm training to be a super star soccer player.

My coach? Max D. Getz. And he LOVES it. I can tell in the way he gives me pointers, sets up little drills we can do, and the praise he gives when I do something right, ha. Not to mention, he finally has hooked me into the sport itself. In fact, we went out and got me cleats, socks, and shin guards... "the works." We are even going as far as putting me in the soccer league with his team.

I really think its the new cleats that are getting me in the "yeah, lets go play soccer" mood. Before... well, lets just say that whenever he would ask if I wanted to go play soccer, I'd reply "nope." Maybe its because I had no real goal. I didn't need to perfect my "skills," I wasn't on a team, and I'd never really shown an interest in the sport my entire life.

Looking the part definitely helps. It will be a fun couples activity for us. Max loves when I'm involved in things he likes to do. Soccer being one of them.

We watched Ashlyn play her soccer game today. SO CUTE. The little 5 year-old girls run in a clump around the ball, the goalies always drop to their knees and clasp the ball while turning and waiting for screams from the parents cheering them on, and those girlies on defense? Oh they just chat away and practice high-fives until the ball comes towards their end of the field. Max and I couldn't help but think how fun it will be to watch our own kiddos play sports (I add music and art, of course!).

Hopefully I'll post some sweet pictures of us in our practically matching get-up... that is if I can discipline myself enough to bring the camera and actually take a snapshot. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Haha got to love those kids soccer games! The best are when they score their goals on the wrong side. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, before the game, the ref/coach would say, "LADYBUGS, Which way are you going?!" and the Ladybugs would reply, while pointing "THAT WAY!" and then he'd go "Kicking Dolphins, which way are you going?!" and similarly, they'd say "THAT WAY." He'd do that like 4 times to make sure everyone knew which way they were going..he did that at half time too. Funny!

    Big kids score on the wrong goal too...Taylor Edwards did his last soccer game. Oops! haha

    ReplyDelete