Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rose Cake

Well, this was a bit frustrating, but I love the challenge of this project anyway. I baked 2 cakes. One chocolate and one vanilla. The first vanilla cake I made fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan so.... I ran to the store before my 10:15 PM soccer game (!) and bought another box.

After soccer, I came home, made the vanilla cake...leveled it off and put it in the freezer next to the chocolate cake. 


Today, the above picture was the next step. Cutting out circles and mixing them together to create what you see. I was nervous. But it appears to be all OK. Crossing my fingers hoping it will be!

Next step is frosting those babies! Just another thing to be nervous about... Silly me, I didn't think it out that I would end up with TWO cakes (since I did two different flavors). What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment