Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quilt Ladder Project

I seriously am so happy with this project. We have acquired some quilts, both from Max's mom, Lori, and ones that I have made (more to come!). They were just piling down on the floors, over the tops of chairs, on top of the bed... and I wanted to display them nicely. If you've ever made a quilt, you'll know that it takes time and patience. They are well worth displaying.

Inspired from the quilt ladder Peter and Meghan received from Lori, I decided I wanted one too. I looked online to see how much they were going for. $80-$100+. TOO MUCH. So I hauled Max off to Home Depot with me one day, and we bought the pieces of wood and sawed the rungs to the exact size we wanted ourselves. My dad was great and helped me nail it all together and then I painted it. Today was the last coat of paint I gave it. And wallah!

I felt giddy bringing it upstairs to test it out. And this is what you get:
 It looks so good. I like to think of it as "wall art." And all the colors are so vibrant and pretty. The iPhoto booth doesn't do it justice.

Of course, I took the blankets off because it was still a little bit tacky and it's better to be safe than sorry! The whole project cost us under $30. Sweeeeeet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment