Saturday, February 19, 2011

Playing a Role

I have done my best at playing little miss homemaker the past month and a half. You've got my bed frame project, quilt ladder project, quiet book and now finishing up a quilt I started a few months ago. Aside from "projects," I've become quite the little cook here in the Garrett/Getz home.

Foodnetwork.com is fantastic. I love watching the channel, and browsing their site. I've made a White Bean and Chicken soup (DELICIOUS).  I've made Baked Macaroni and Cheese. None of the boxed stuff. Fancy, schmancy.  For the record, I still love the boxed stuff... I also made a French Toast Casserole which my mom claims she will eat the entire bit of it.

Yeah, making homemade meals like these can be a bit pricey, especially if you don't already have a base of a variety of spices and fresh ingredients. On the offhand, I'm learning more about cooking. I learned what it means to temper an egg, I've learned that wearing goggles while chopping onions WORKS, and I'm making my OWN collection of spices and random other dry ingredients. I mean, we will move out one day, and it'd be nice to have some things to put in our kitchen cupboards ;)

There is one eatable project I'd like to try... The only reason I call it a project is because I need a special little tool to do it and it will take a steady hand:
Isn't it pretty?!
If you have any recipes you love, I'd LOVE for you to pass it on! Who knows how long this little streak of mine will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment