Saturday, October 2, 2010

General Conference

I'm sitting here, in-between sessions, and I cannot help but be grateful for the love I have for the gospel. I am so grateful for the drive I have to be better, to pray more, to study, to be the very best I can be for my Savior.

I am grateful that I look forward to this weekend, and that I WANT to watch every session. And I do. I know it's hard for many people to fit it in on busy schedules, or want to fall asleep (who hasn't done that...), which is why I am even more grateful that I strive so hard to be better. To make it fit in my schedule, to write in my journal so that I can stay awake and focus on the messages shared.

I wasn't always that way. Believe me. I ignored Saturday sessions, slept through most of Sunday's sessions. Didn't take notes (not that you have to, but it helps me). I never really gave thought to what was said; never really went below the surface. It wasn't until I entered college that I was really converted to changing my life, not in major ways necessarily, but with the little things. And the little things start adding up!

I guess maturity is part of it. Personal revelation and testimony are others.

Anyway..

WATCH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment