Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't mind me...

Whew, it's been a long time since I've posted in here. Let's just say I've kept busy. Homeownership has been a huge blessing and kind of a pain....

Yesterday, one of the water pipes had a leak, which turned into a flooding of our laundry room, which turned into a $300 bill just to fix the darn leak in the first place.
AH

It's ok. 

It's over now. 

And you know what, it was a blessing that the leak was easily detectable in the first place (Max noticed dripping in the vent above our laundry appliances). Had it been somewhere else where we couldn't have seen, it would have been a HUGE issue and a lot more damage. We walked away from this one with itty bitty scratches compared to what we could have been dealt.

In other news, I'm going to share a string of photos of projects which have kept me happily away from blogging anything and everything about my life :)

1. Therapeutic painting. Oh I love it. Put on some movies, and get in the zone. I have a few more canvases in my closet... what will I paint next....



Original canvas can be seen here 
2. Paint MORE walls in the fireplace room. 
We went dark. 
Real dark. 
It needed to be lightened up.
Hence the gold frames. 
Which I'm in love with. 
I printed off a 16x24 image of the Sacramento Temple I took last year. I bought the frame from a thrift store (because let's face it, I can't afford to go pick up a spanking brand new one and hey, I think it looks pretty darn perfect!), and custom matting help complete the look. PS Michael's is FAR cheaper than Aaron Brothers for matting. If anyone knows of a place CHEAPER than Michaels, let me in on the scoop! Because I just don't think you can get much cheaper for the product. Just sayin'


I also used white craft paint to make that flower vase less boring. I never used it before because 1. I don't buy real flowers enough, and 2. my fake flower stems would just look ugly thru the glass anyway.
I think it looks soooooo much better. A million times better. Oh and I pick up my fake flowers from the thrift store as well. If you keep your eye open, there are some real gems hidden in those fake plant piles. Trust me. And they are a heck of a lot cheaper than going brand new.


If we get closer, you'll see I framed out the Family Proclamation. I really want this room to be particularly reflective of the gospel, hence the temple photos, etc. 
Anyway, I bought a plain black frame and thought I'd spruce it up. 
GOLD CORNERS.
Seriously, I love it so much. And it's soooo simple to do. Just go pick up metallic gold craft paint. It's worth it.

3. I finally bit the bullet and made a headboard! Sorry for the blurriness, the sun was going down and I hate the flash.
It was a bold choice of fabric but it works! And I love having a headboard.
I also love knowing I can switch it up whenever I feel the need to.
I will also always have a CUSTOM headboard for a lot less money than I could spend at a furniture store.
Trust me.


The nail head trim just made a more polished look. I love it. And it was easier and faster than you think. Joann's has nail head trim rope-like kits. You only nail in every 4th or 5th head. Easy peasy.


4. Another project... (the lack of sun has now forced me to turn on lights.. ehhh)
Painting furniture! This was my great grandmothers table. It needed a facelift so I painted it black to match as an end table to my side of the bed. I kept the original hardware as is because they work perfectly on their own.

5. And lastly, I'm slowly making myself put my photography business out there. With unexpected emergencies, like yesterday, I know I need to find a way to make a little extra. Since photography is something I truly enjoy and hope to aspire to become a professional one day, I'm going to put myself out there and just do it. I even made a facebook page. Crazy old me.


There you have it! I hope I can be a little better and blog more. I just get wrapped up in other things. Plus I feel like I should have pictures for my posts and since I am not really awesome at obtaining those pictures for this particular purpose, I usually will opt out of blogging all together.

Next on my list of projects:
1. Stenciled wall. Not sure where, not sure what, but I AM GOING TO DO ONE. It's already decided.
2. Paint the doll house for my peg dolls. HA. I say it's for the kids I nanny but it's more for me I think. I can't help myself! I just love the idea of painting a doll house!
3. Paint the frames I currently own from antiqued white to.... gold? black? both? Stay tuned...
4. Paint the kitchen cabinets. Yep. That's right.

Thanks for stopping in!

Peace out homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment