Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oh, hey

So much has been happening, life hasn't been this busy in a long time and gotta say, I'm loving it. What's been going on you say? I'll tell ya.

1. My parents' house flooded so everything is stacked on the tile or stored away in boxes. Yes, the new floors we installed just a matter of 8 months ago had to be ripped up. RIPPED. UP. Needless to say, it will be a long process before the house is normal again. On the upside... this is a great time to purge EXCESS stuff! And I love organizing... don't you get that warm, fuzzy feeling too?



2. I am in the process of painting the frames from our picture wall collage. Yep. All the different colors were kinda bothering me, so I spray painted them white and then applied a brown glaze to make them cream colored, plus a little extra definition in the details of some of the frames. I still need to do more glazing to get the right color so I'll post the AFTER picture when I get there...


 3. I made a bow-tie too small for anyone. Hence the reason it's fit snug on the top of my vase. I can now say I can tie a real bow-tie though! I'm sure I'll make more when I get my little boys ;) I adore bow-ties...

4. Max turned 25 on August 28th! We went down to Paso Robles to visit with the Getz side. It's always fun to go down there and I look forward to it every time. Probably more than he does! haha. Max got in a lot of surfing, I sewed a quilt, we went shopping and out to dinner, and even attended a Cal Poly soccer game per Max's request! It was chilly but fun to do something new.
Isn't he the cutest?!
I also snagged some childhood photos of Max. The one above was taken from my iPhone though and is currently my home screen. I just love seeing that face! It reminds me he was once a sweet little baby haha. Mostly it just lets me fantasize about our own little munchkins for one day...

 5. Both of us had sisters give birth to boys just days between each other!! Two new nephews and I can't wait to see them, and hold them, and love them.
Mack Carver Smith (My sister, Kara's son)
"Unnamed baby" Coons (My S.I.L.'s son)
 6. School. Nuff said.

Happy blogging! Have a great Labor Day weekend, homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment