Friday, July 1, 2011

Bistro Challenge: Check!

BEGINNING:
MIDDLE:
 The paint color is a light grey.
END:
 Can you see the detailed glazing?
The cushions are brighter than they appear here in the evening. The color scheme works, trust me!

I finished before this weekend like I wanted! And I'm happy with it!

The boards are still crooked which is why I decided to glaze it and bring out the nooks and crannies of the table and seats.  Bring out the perfection in it's imperfections kind of thing. Story: I was asking an associate at Lowe's about glazing products and he responded, "Not to be rude or anything, but that's going out of style." I couldn't believe he was saying that. Who thinks of saying that?! I said, nicely, that it actually STILL is a great technique, especially for beaten up, hand-me-down furniture. I didn't really take his opinion seriously... Neither should you.

The cushions are from World Market. Super cute and cheap!!! I love accessories. They make it so nice. The candle bird cage is from Pier 1 on clearance. It sets such a nice atmosphere in the evening. And I LOVE candles...remember I told you that? 


And the lovely white and red petunia flower box! I LOVE them. I cant wait for them to bloom and grow. It softens the balcony and contributes to the mood of the setting. I love projects!

1 comment: