Saturday, October 20, 2012

a first

Tonight I photographed a wedding. 
My first ever (being on the sidelines doesn't count!). 
I stressed and stressed. And studied photographs. And prayed. And studied more.
Let's not forget the constant worry I conveyed to my sweet husband who continued to give me words of encouragement. 

Man, I love him.

I rented my first lens just for this occasion. I was worried I hadn't used it enough to know how to get sharper images. 

So... I prayed more (this happens A LOT, especially in my car).

The couple was beautiful. Full of love, and kindness, and a little spunk! They made my job easier :)
I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to gain more experience as a creative photographer. It reminds me of how much I have yet to learn. I almost felt a little incompetent due to my lack of equipment for sundown, but... can't expect much from someone who is just dipping her toes in the field! (Or so I tell myself...)

I was pleased when I came home and found that I did get some great shots of the evening. I want so badly to please the families! You can't just re-do a wedding! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment