Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Review: Water for Elephants

Fantastic. An easy read. But, I have to add, though the movie is not rated yet, I am not so sure it will be a rating I can allow myself to watch!!! Quite graphic detailing of intimate situations and then there's just the plain provocativeness of other situations... I will be on the look out for the official movie rating of it...

That aside, I did enjoy the book. I laughed a few times at the comical flusters of the old men (this book is kind of like the Notebook in that the main character is in his 90's and is looking back on his experiences when he was a young man). I was left at the end of each chapter yearning to find out what would happen next. And I felt the development of the characters was done well... I could feel the roughness of their personalities and the chaos of the circus life.

Up next... I'll let you know if I like it enough to finish it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment