Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Review

The Glass Castle holds up to its reputation. Wow. When you think you have it bad, just read what Jeannette Walls went through and she'll look like a Saint. It's fortunate for us readers that she could remember so much of her childhood in such detail. Her parents drive me crazy and I seriously had jaw-dropping moments when reading about their "parenting techniques." This is a memoir to read! Thanks to Meghan Getz for recommending and letting me borrow it :)

It took me awhile to get through it with all the holiday celebrations going on lately. Lucky for me, I get the bulk of my reading done while nannying (when the baby is sleeping!). Oh and I did eventually get the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from the library but was so busy didn't get in deep enough to read it all and had to return it to the library. My sister says that its hard to get through and it's only exciting towards the end of the book anyway. True?

Any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment