Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last night, I decided I'm heading to Girl's Camp!


It's true! It's been several years since I last attended Girl's Camp at Camp Ritchie. It is so beautiful there, and I'm excited to be going back! I will be finishing school just in the nick of time to drive home and help my mom out for the week. Here's a little description of Camp Ritchie:

1. CABINS! Yes, us girls are spoiled! But this year, since I'm staff, I get to sleep in the huge, warm lodge on beds with mattresses! Even more spoiled.
2. Beautiful mountains and glistening lake. It is so peaceful, being taken away from the chaos of everyday life and placed in the serenity of nature. The best part? No technology. Even if you wanted to bring your phone, there's no service. It's great. Truly.
3. Lovely girls and women coming together. The friendships formed at Camp Ritchie are the cherries on top of the sundae. The experience of bonding with other women is nothing like anything else.
4. The Cookies! The Cooks are awesome and they cook up yummy food for all. So fun eating meals with everyone; getting mail; catching people with their elbows on the table, etc...
5. Testimony Day. The last day of camp is devoted to listening to our Bishops, and bearing testimonies. It is such a special day, and the Spirit is so strong--I always cry on this day because of the love of my Heavenly Father gives me.
6. Craft Table. Ok, so I absolutely LOVE the craft station at Girl's Camp. I am there nonstop making little beaded creations, painting, assembling.... It's my forte. 

And this year, my mom and sister, Erin(hopefully) will be at camp! I'm really looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment