Sunday, March 7, 2010

I got me down

In my own little ways, I think I've kind of become a perfectionist, in such a way that I have these expectations and preconceived notions of what I believed my life should be like at this point. And I'll tell you what... I've become quite depressed about it knowing that I can't reach those heights--and if I even get close to it, I fail someone. That someone is usually me. 
I've fallen short a lot and I guess that should be expected--we are born in imperfection. And me striving for perfection will never come true... at least not in this life. These past few days have not been easy, just like last week and the week before. Am I worthy of the many blessings I have now? Even with all my short-comings, I have been blessed by a loving family and by my Father in Heaven. If I could only regain my focus on the positive and good things of life, maybe, just maybe I can be joyful again. 
Elder Wirthlin said:
 "The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life." 
He is a smart, smart man; I should follow his counsel so that I, too, can say "come what may" and actually, truly, and humbly "love it."

I love my Savior, and I know He will bring me out of the darkness if I let him in.

  D&C 88:63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knockand it shall be opened unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment