Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Pending"

Folks... it happened. An offer we made on a house ACTUALLY got accepted! Oh but it's not just any house in any neighborhood here in Folsom. It's THE house in THE neighborhood of our dreeeamssss.

When we had sent in our offer, I was really excited and putting a lot of hope in to us banking this one. I mean... I even prayed for it (which I tried not ever to do because it just seems like a silly thing to ask for... a BIG silly thing to ask for... but, I really really really wanted this to be the one).

Before touring the inside, I had been outside on the curb waiting for our awesome realtor to arrive. I loved the curb appeal on this house. Adorable and very us. It has an enormous pretty tree in the front yard, which I know will eventually have a swing on it (haha... I know, I know...).

Our realtor arrived and the second I walked into the house, I immediately loved it. It felt so good. I called Max and talked to him about it and we put in an offer. Yes... Max hadn't seen it at this point but I know what we both like and he has seen this floor plan before... and we're talking the neighborhood of our dreeeamssss. Remember?

I have this handy little realty app on my phone that I constantly check to see new houses that come on the market, and also to check the status of homes we put offers on. So, as you can imagine, I was checking that app every day, multiple times a day just to see if this house went Pending. And usually... if our realtor hasn't called us before it goes Pending, it's usually a sign we didn't get it. Believe me. Time and time again it happened to us.

So I'm checking the app and it says PENDING! I had received an email from our realtor earlier that day saying she spoke with the agent and had no news and that she would call again the next day. Man... my heart sunk. If she didn't know by then, then we for sure didn't get it. I sent her a quick email saying it went Pending and basically... I said, "Bummer." I've got excellent vocabulary.

Literally, 1.5 minutes later (after I send the email), she's calling. Did she really see my email that fast? This time... her news was good news. Very good news. The I-couldn't-believe-it type of good news. It was just a verbal acceptance at this point but man, it felt like a symphony of voices were singing praises in my bedroom! Ok, not really. But you get the point. I called Max to let him know and he was just as excited. And we both were thinking..."we better start saving even more money now that we will become homeowners!" Haha.

We finally got the signed contract last night and now are officially on the move to get this going! It's a short sale so it will take some time before we can get the keys. Max did get to walk through it and he loved it just like I knew he would.



You know what's crazy? Another house, in this neighborhood, we put an offer on was barely over 1,100 sq ft (so that's kind of small for wanting to grow into it with up to 4 kids... if you can imagine the size). We offered $20,000 OVER asking price and were only 3rd back-up buyers!!! 3rd! This house is over 1,500 sq ft and we nailed a contract! And this house is in a lot, a lot better condition than that 1,100 sq ft home ever was! Crazy huh? Folsom is a hot spot for home buyers and investors right now and the homes in this neighborhood go quickly with all the cash buyers that have been beating us out of at least 2 other homes. We are feeling pretty lucky.

Ok... off to Max's baseball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment