Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Canvas Makeover




See that big, red painting above the couch? Well... I never loved it when we inherited it. But, it worked in our family room for the time being. And then I created this to go above the couch:


So I was contemplating putting that big, red painting in the D.I. trailer because odds are, we wouldn't be able to sell it for $10 on Craigslist if we wanted to. And then my mom said that I could just paint over it. Genius! 

...and then I got overwhelmed because, let's face it, it's a really big canvas. I decided on a stencil pattern. Can't go wrong with that, eh?






I told Max that I would be retouching that painting for a long time! You notice all the "lighter" and "darker" spots on the canvas in the daylight. Otherwise, simple and easy. I can't believe some people do this on entire walls, that's a LOT of tracing and painting... did I mention that's a lot of tracing and painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment