Sunday, July 18, 2010

Karate, Running

The only two things I'm really working on at this point. I ran about 9 miles total Saturday night. I was surprised at how "in shape" I really am. And I felt good. It only got hard towards the end because I knew I was closing in on the finish and mentally...you just sorta give in at that point. I should probably work on that since word on the block is the second half of a marathon is all mental and its more than just a "second half" its like 4 times as hard. Great.

Karate. I've probably started Black Belt Prep a dozen times and have never really gotten far either due to moving back to school or down right laziness. Well, the projected test date is set for December. Man, I'd be the happiest girl in the world if I ran my marathon AND earned my black belt all before celebrating my 1 year anniversary with Max and Christmas. I kid you not, I'd be in Heaven with those 3 accomplishments under my belt.

The karate demonstration went fantastic! Karate is the only type of performing that does not make me nervous or want to throw up. I'd hope so since I've been doing it my whole life. If you have a Facebook, go to this link here. And if you don't, go here. Many, many years of preparation, teaching, and practicing went into this organization and being a recipient of all that hard work is a blessing.

On top of everything, I'm getting a bit of a sore throat. My body is aching and I slept in pretty late this morning, missing the chance to get in an early morning run to beat the heat. I'm hoping my body can get it together so that I won't have to skip out on any runs or karate classes..I hate falling behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment