Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resourceful

We were given some framed art that I could have cared less for. We planned on selling these, along with other items at the Broadstone Garage sales, but that didn't happen. Today, I decided I could make some use of those framed art pieces since they were just sitting in our apartment.
I had to rip the backing off, it was all glued on and stapled pretty good.

This was the original artwork. Do you get why I could have cared less? 
 The original artwork was glued onto the matting really well, so I took out my white acrylic paint (finally putting a use to it!), and painted around the border so that the new "artwork" would cover up the rest.

Tah-dah!
The artwork I used was actually old scrapbook paper I had, also collecting dust amongst other things, ha. I think it turned out pretty good, plus we now have something to go above the bed until we get really rich and can actually get something nice above it (insert sarcasm). The good thing is, I can switch out that paper for other scrapbook paper from Michaels. NICE! A free project that has versatility! AWE-some.

No comments:

Post a Comment