Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1st coupon experience

Should not really count. I mean, you how when you move somewhere brand new after living at your parents house for almost a year, you basically have to start over with everything from food to toilet paper? Yeah, that's exactly what happened to us. Go figure.
We probably saved $60+ dollars but we also spent a lot because we needed EVERYTHING. As is expected when making a move and starting from scratch. One thing that is important... or at least a good idea to be in on, is becoming a member of the rewards program of your grocery store (if they have it). CVS gives you Extra Care Bucks which is like cash (accumulated from previous purchases) that you get to spend in the store.

Also, another good idea... be organized with your coupons! I have a little organizer but, it can be frustrating to sort through them all while shopping to see if you even have a coupon for a certain product. Make a list BEFORE going to the store so that you're not tempted to buy more than you need and you don't get yourself in a tizzy searching for coupons you may or may not have.

Luckily for us, my parents get the Sunday paper so I'm over here snatching up those coupon inserts (Red Plum and Smart Source)! Keep the store advertisements because they list the deals and it makes it easier for you to pair coupons with items that are for sale that week. Reduces the stress. Trust me.


I know I'll get the hang of this. I know it'll be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment