Friday, March 4, 2011

Painting the Dresser

Max and I inherited a dresser. An ugly one. So this afternoon, a spur moment decision came to me...I'm going to paint it! Yes, clothes are thrown everywhere in the room. Hopefully, Max won't feel so overwhelmed after coming home from a long day at work.... BUT, it will be better in the end.

You see, because the dresser was kind of an eye sore, I moved it into our walk-in closet. At the time I thought it was a genius idea. All the clothes stay in the closet domain instead of out in the main room, right? Brilliant concept. I hate when the drawers are not shut all the way due to the clothes sticking out of them, which made the main room always look so sloppy...at least in the closet it was hidden. It was a good idea... for awhile.

But now the closet is smaller and the clothes keep falling to the floor (albeit they are mostly mine). Max's closet space got super squished since all our clothes hung on the same rod (you know, since the dresser was in there and all). Worst yet, when we are BOTH in their trying to get into the dresser or pick clothes off hangers or even get to the hampers, it gets cramped and we're knockin' elbows!

Like I said, it will be better in the end. Max will get his own rod again and more space for all his dress shirts. I can store many of my art/craft supplies in the closet with the dresser gone and the room will get a new look because I'm sure I'll be rearranging at least a little bit.

Off to Home Depot for another can of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment