Sunday, March 20, 2011

Book Review

This book was interesting in that it ties in with the Salem Witch Trials. The author, herself, had an ancestor who was accused of witchcraft during that time, which I thought was pretty cool as it served a part in her inspiration for writing the novel.

It did have a few "bugs":

     1.   Connie's relationship with Sam was sort of bland and underdeveloped to me. So I couldn't really believe in that union because of it's lack of development.
     2.   I also felt like I wanted to see more from Professor Chilton-- I wanted more creepy moments like when he randomly showed up in the Library and caught Connie off guard (you know, the kind of stuff where you think if it were you, your heart would be pounding?).
     3.   In the middle I got only a little bored because I wanted more action or suspense. It was pretty mellow until the end of the book when everything kind of fit together, fulfilling that void I felt appeared in the middle of the book. Thank goodness for that because it left me feeling satisfied.

I'm on hold for a book at the library... Can ya guess what it is?

I'll give you a hint: in April, the movie version is coming out to theaters... :)

2 comments:

  1. ps i felt the same way about it. it was interesting, but i felt some things connie should have seen coming way before she did. so that was kind of annoying. also the relationship with sam was just kind of silly.

    ReplyDelete