Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lisa Ann

I know I'm behind, but it's never too late to honor your mother... my mom. 

I am so grateful to go through this life and have my mom by my side, showing me constant love, support, and generosity. She is, without a doubt in my mind, the strongest woman I have ever known for many reasons, but here are a few BIG ones:


  • She raised six children, and all that goes with those ups and downs. 
  • She went back to school for her Master's to earn a job to help her family, giving us very blessed and fortunate lives.  
  • She dedicates hours preparing Sunday school lessons, putting forth her best effort to learn and grow spiritually and to help those she teaches learn and grow in the Gospel. 

Before I got married, my mom was always encouraging me to be involved with life itself! She encouraged me when I ran Cross Country, showing up to my meets to cheer me through the finish when I wanted to collapse. She pushed me to develop my musical talents, putting me through piano lessons and coming to my Music Man performances. She always advocated for an education and screamed with joy when I told her I got into BYU-Provo.  She was there when I had my heart broken and experienced what seemed like mountainous obstacles. She was there when I confided in her my joys and my sorrows. She gave me a beautiful wedding as I began to take my first steps out of her arms and into somebody else's.

Now that I'm married, I don't think I could have ever needed her more! And I am so grateful she could give me guidance when I hadn't a clue in the world what to do with my marriage. She has helped me, questioned me, and pointed me in the right direction so that I could find the answers myself.

My mom loves her family. All of us. She never wants to miss an opportunity to travel or visit with her children and grandchildren and believe me, she'll make it happen no matter what! I'm lucky to have her just 10 minutes away.

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment