Sunday, May 22, 2011

Community Garage Sales

I could garage sale for hours when communities put on events like this. I love seeing other peoples' junk and finding what are my treasures. This past weekend, Max and I and our families went on a treasure hunt!

We scored a new dresser, which I originally thought would be so adorable in a baby's room since it has smaller drawers... but for now, it's my own dresser and surprisingly fits all that it needs to! Of course, we rearranged our bedroom to accommodate... 
His and Hers Dressers

The dresser is more green than what it looks like here. It actually goes well with our color scheme. BUT, I'm thinking I'll paint it off-white with a little bit of antiquing for the baby.... :)

Max found this cool, drift-wood type clock. It's got an older, classic feel to it which totally fits Max.

  
We got tennis rackets so we could play at the courts right across the street :)

I also got a few books for $0.50 each.


Finally, we got 15 DVD's for $1.60 EACH! Seriously, loved that deal. We watch movies all the time, whether it's from our collection, my mom's, my in-laws, the movie theater or Redbox. So I'd say it was a good move on our part to expand our collection. We're big movie people.


 And I made the best cookies ever tonight. YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment