Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Hydrangea"

For Mother's Day, I planned on presenting this beautiful, hand-crafted lemon cake, decorated with buttercream hydrangeas in all their perfection. Well... the cake part was great. Not so much the hydrangea part. What I should have done was to look up tutorials on how to pipe the hydrangeas out instead of relying on myself to figure it out from a picture. Not such a bright idea. Way to go, Ashley.

Again, I pulled this recipe from I am Baker. I think I'll forgo the buttercream, flower decor and just go for simple next time I decide to make a cake. I think because the Rose Cake was so easy to make, my ego got a little inflated. Oopsy

Love the cake leveler. I've only used a knife before to level cakes, but this device made it SO MUCH easier.

First Name "Sloppy", Middle Name "Hydrangeas"

Mother's Day. At least my mom loved it!


4 layers with lemon curd and lemon frosting. YUM.


My momma said I needed a pic with the slice of cake in it. haha .

No comments:

Post a Comment