Monday, February 28, 2011

Rose Cake Delight

Cake #1 a.k.a. "Practice Cake"


The Roses here are a little bit more loosey goosey than my second cake, which is why I call this my practice cake.
Inside... layers could have been cut more evenly... probably could have squeezed in another stripe, but I'm a first-timer so ya can't really hold it against me ;)
 Cake #2 a.k.a. the "Do It Better Cake"



From the start, I warned my family that I was going for looks with this cake. Not taste. I mean, this was a project for me to learn how to skillfully create roses and create vertical layers... Luckily for everyone else, the cake really did and does taste awesome. Very moist and perfect with a scoop of ice cream. 

3 comments:

  1. looks so good! way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks way good, how did you learn how to make the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnnMarie... go here: http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/

    She lists tutorials on both the vertical layers and the roses. For the roses you use a 1M star tip. You start with the center of the rose and spiral out in a circle from there.

    ReplyDelete