Sunday, February 13, 2011

21 pages.

Page 1
Button on the Flowers/Matching Colors
Pages 2-3
Match the Shapes + a Pocket to keep them safe
Weaving page!
Pages 4-5
Elastic Arms and Legs for the "Boing Effect"; Inspired by Evy
Rocket to the Moon!
Pages 6-7
Tie a Bow
Finger Puppets/Imaginary Play
Pages 8-9
Match the Numbers/Practice addition and subtraction!
Pages 10-11
Learn to Braid Hair
Draw or Write Your Heart's Desire!
Pages 12-13
Play Dress Up with Boy and Girl
Pages 14-15
Velcro ABC's that can be rearranged to spell words + a Pocket to keep them safe
 Pages 16-17
Snap on and off the Apples from the Apple Tree
Learn to Lace Up and Tie a Shoe!
 Pages 18-19
Puzzle Page with 3 puzzles of varying difficulty
 Pages 20-21
Take a Spin Around Town/Imaginary Play

Bus Stop! Open the Windows and Wheels to find out who's there! Had to do the Bus because of my dad :)


I am so happy this is over. I enjoyed it thoroughly, believe me. Every time I finished sewing a page, or sewing pages together and ironing them out, I was so pleased with myself. Just as it should be! haha. I tried to have a mix of feminine and masculine... I could end up with all boys, or all girls, but the ideal right now, would be to have a mixture of the two. With the Getz's, I'll probably end up with all boys...that's all they ever seem to have...

I still have a few things I'd like to do with the Quiet Book like:

  1. add extra letters to the ABC page for a wider range of vocabulary to spell out
  2. beautify the clothes for our boy and girl... I really rushed through those cut outs; 
  3. find some nice pictures instead of the quick printouts for the Bus page; 
  4. possibly redo the flower petals...I know I can make them better now that I have a better idea how to do that; 
  5. and I need to find a child's shoelace for the Shoe page!

BUT, for now, I'm just going to worry about that later... AFTER I make the cover for the Quiet Book (I'll post pictures for that when I get to it).

5 comments:

  1. Ash it looks so great! Good for you! I can't wait to look at it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed. You will be an amazing mama someday.....way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley!! you did awesome!!! your kids are going to love you and you could sell these it looks soo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe all of your hard work! Looks great. Did you ever ask Erin about hers?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I did ask Erin and took a look at hers!! It's cute and little.

    ReplyDelete