Monday, January 3, 2011

Book Review: The Shack

Didn't take long to finish, and I'm glad I read it. The book is about Mack, a man who's daughter is taken from him. Lost in sorrow and despair, God invites him to re-visit the place of his dread yet it is not his dread that he finds. The Shack is about his journey in reconnecting with God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. It's about his coming to know God and feeling His healing power work within Mack's broken soul.

I must say, the author had some great and interesting insights on how to perceive Heavenly Father and His Son. It brought myself to a greater awareness of what my relationship with God can be like (not that it isn't lacking, but that I could really bring it to a deeply personal level, more so than it already is). There were new ways of looking at relationships, forgiveness, and hope. What I read, I felt the words testified of some important truths that I had not fully come to recognize before.

I recommend it if you're willing to read into such depth the view of this one writer's perception of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment