Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dream on

I had a dream. I was pregnant (barely showing) and I was all stressed because all my training for the marathon would obviously not be of any worth to me anymore. I was torn between happiness and disappointment. It was WEIRD.

It's NOT weird that I'd dream of pregnancy or babies...if you know me at all. I tell you, Heavenly Father instilled within women the desire to have children, but he must have given me an extra dose of that. Ever since I was a little girl, I played with babies and in Kindergarten my answer to "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was always "a mother." Even at 5 years old my head was thinking motherhood... not ballerina; not doctor; not astronaut.

But this post isn't about motherhood or getting pregnant. It's about the flippin marathon! Geez, I cannot seem to wake up early enough to run, so my runs turn into evening runs. I take that back, I could have easily woken up this morning but I'm slowly getting the "I don't want to run" bug. I HAVE TO WANT TO RUN. Roughly 3.5 more months left of training. I need to keep it going so I don't fall behind, get fat and die on the course. I think today erks me because its speed workout day. I never really was a fan of it in Cross Country during my high school days, and I'm not really a fan of it now. But I still have that motivation to do well time-wise...what ever that turns out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment