Monday, February 22, 2010

Little Miss Betty Crocker--Getz version

Before getting married, Max always told me that I needed to gain confidence in the kitchen. I always shied away from cooking--especially in the house he lived in. I could barely stand being in there, it was so filthy! Now, I know I played the "I'm not a good cook" card many times, but really...I was handicapping myself by doing so.

First of all, I know I can cook.
Why?
Because I can follow directions.

Now that I'm married, I've made it a goal to be my own "Julia." I cooked up a tasty, flavorful salmon
paired with colorful, salted vegetables the other day. It just melted in my mouth. I'm thinking that was a pretty successful meal and Max was happy with my work.

I've even got the ingredients and made the mix to my
FAVORITE pancake mix ever. You don't know the meaning of what a good pancake is until you've had these. And again, Max was loving it too.

So I went from making these yummy foods, to making cheesecake from a box. But hey, it was so good. I'm on a roll with the baking and cooking, yeah? As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with cooking from a box if it's fast, efficient, and delicious!Last night, I told Max that I wanted to cook a lobster. Let's just say he supported that ambition.



So...In my hopes of becoming my own version of the Betty Crocker's and Julia Child's out there, I'm going for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment