Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Let's get to the nitty gritty.

The appraisal on the house came in today. And it came in under the bank's asking price.

I've told Max that it almost feels like Heavenly Father is letting me down slowly on the bad news.
One thing after another, it feels more and more like this house thing isn't on our side. And because Heavenly Father knows how much I want it, he is slowly warming me up to accept an outcome I didn't want.

At least, that's my theory for now.

So, we're just a couple of sitting ducks. Waiting to hear the banks response to this Appraisal. We kind of feel like the bank won't budge because that seems to have been their pattern since not offering any assistance to fix the Termites... Yah, thanks a lot for that one Bank of America.

But, I feel more prepared to walk away and know that we gave everything we could give and did all that we could to get this house. If it isn't enough, that's ok. We'll get our deposit back and be "rich" again until we do find the house. In the meantime, we will be able to save more money for a bigger down payment on a house that we may love even MORE than this one.

You see? Heavenly Father is helping me see the good in what may seem like a disappointing experience. Hidden blessings...

And maybe...

Just maybe...

All the bad leading up to the lower appraisal price on the home will be enough for the bank to reconsider their purchase price, and they will bring it down to match the appraisal value. Which means less money from us, and a lower monthly rate. An even bigger blessing in the making? 
Hey, a girl can dream right?

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck"
-Dalai Lama





1 comment:

  1. Don't worry if there is one thing I've learned about looking for houses is that there is always more out there even if it seems so perfect, there is one better for you! Just think of it that way. We have been saving for 2 years for a huge down payment and every time I get itchy and look for houses I remember how good my situation is now, and that the bigger the down payment the bigger the house and the less of a mortgage! Don't worry something better will come along, trust me! There is a reason for everything especially something so big as a house. 6 months from now if you don't get this house you might find something better, cheaper and termite free!

    ReplyDelete