Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beautiful weekend

I love these pleasant days... the seasonally transitional days. You know, saying goodbye to Summer while saying hello to Fall days. The warm sun rays streaming through the sky to warm your insides, and at the same time feeling a cool breeze brush across your face is the best.

I also love Conference weekends. I anticipate it and I love sitting down and hearing the warmth of the Lord's servants' voices echo throughout my tiny apartment. Throw a little Mo Tab in there and I'm completely content.

I also love making special breakfasts for Conference weekend. I'm pretty sure every Mormon household does something special for their families, whether it's Saturday or Sunday mornings. This weekend, we had waffles topped with fresh fruit... and my own personal touch of powdered sugar. Yum.
I'm so bad about uploading pictures... so this is my only one! But it sure is pretty isn't it ;)
I also love spending the time with my husband. In every way you can show that... love... ;) Hey, we're young! But in all seriousness, I love having him around. Our weekdays get so consumed in our individual tasks, that it's nice to catch a break on the weekends.

So, as you can see, there was a lot of loving this weekend. P.S. wasn't the Mormon Tab amazing when they sang that last song, God Be With You Till We Meet Again? I was dozing off on our bed towards the end of Conference, but I distinctly remember hearing the choir begin. If a soul can smile, mine definitely was. A warmth and comfort came over me. A great love for my faith and for the opportunity I have to listen to living Prophets speak swelled up in me as my ears listened to that sweet melody. At the same time, I felt sad that this wonderful Conference was coming to an end.
I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment