Thursday, September 20, 2012

on a high

After multiple academic counseling appointments, it was starting to look like my BYU Human Physiology was going to come nip me in the rear.

Seriously.

There's this little thing called the Chancellor's Predictor of Success Formula for applying to the Nursing program. The formula combines the 3 pre-requisite science courses' average GPA, overall college GPA, English GPA--- and if you have any repeats in the science classes, it will deduct points from your overall total...thus it must be at least an 84% all together to even be considered.

I am currently enrolled in the Physio class at Sierra college. So the combination of my BYU class and my Sierra class would make it look like I did a repeat of the same course (which lowers the percentage I need to be able to apply to Nursing).

Finally, today I was able to get some answers as to how the Nursing department would look at my BYU class despite it being an upper division class (community colleges do not take upper division course work, but that doesn't mean the Nursing department wouldn't). I was told that they would NOT count my BYU class in the formula so long as I leave a note on my application recording the conversation I had with them reminding them that we had cleared the air on this one.

This is AMAZING.

You don't even know.

But maybe you know a little bit more now.

My day is going realllllllly well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment