Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stand still

Ah. This week has just not been the most productive. Aside from my sewing endeavors, of course. I need a job is what I need. I'm going through that phase where I'm bored and have no motivation to go outside my apartment. I'm in my PJs all day... Mindlessly walking around my tiny home dying over the fact that I literally have nothing to do.

My family job is at a stand still. There's no consistency with it. Some days I'm totally busy and some days there's nothing for me to do. I have family work waiting for me in the Spring but that's months from now.
How can I wait for months of doing nothing and not loose my insanity? Last time this happened (exactly like the situation I'm in now in fact), I couldn't wait for the family job and I found a different one instead. Oh and I ended up in school again.

BUT NOW, Sierra is packed. I check everyday for an opening in the class I need and there's nothing. Very discouraging with classes starting next week. I've been dinking around on job websites and nothing is really standing out. Maybe a few here and there but will I hear from those people? I don't know.

When you have a husband who is constantly checking bank stats and where our money is, it's kind of hard when you don't measure up. He tries to remind me nicely that I should be working more, but it's hard when there's NO work for me. I can't even go out to a store to kill my time because then I'm spending the money I'm NOT making. So... here I am. Browsing job listings. Applying. Dying. In my fleece PJ's. Wow. What a loser.

It's times like these that I'm mad I got my degree in Psych and not in something worthwhile... something that would get me a job without having to go through more years of schooling. But we were in a rush to leave Utah and I didn't want to keep Max there anymore than he wanted to be there. Sacrifice I guess.

Not a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment